Tuesday 9 October 2012

Addendum to: I Find I Am Not The Funniest In My House Anymore

 Sitting outside having a cigar and looking on the internet(Phew! It is still there), I could hear Reagan screaming. I had thought she had went to bed. Guess she is having a bad  night and Mommy couldn't be having a good one either considering she was supposed to be doing yoga. I had finished and was coming inside to see what was wrong. The upstairs light was on and Megan was still doing yoga. "Get over here and see your daughter." Megan said laughing a little. That is when I heard, " Dad, Dad, Dad."  Coming further into the house I could see Reagan was actually having a good night. While I was outside Reagan had decided she wasn't tired and needed up. Her face was purple. From left jawbone to right jawbone was blackberries, blueberries and strawberries. The berry trifecta. As I came into view her face split in a berry smile. "Ah!" she yelled at me. Meaning what? I guess get the hell over here Dad! Sitting down beside her, she convulsed in glee. Screaming and chittering, pointing at everything, excited to be up. So this is what you guys do when I am asleep, she must have thought. Yup. sit and watch TV and try to relax. Exciting is it not? Done with the screaming and chittering, she moves on to a great classic game. She throws a blackberry on the floor then points at it. I look down and notice there are other berries down there too. I pick up one and put it on her tray. She points at the others and says, "get that!" Oh, good. Now she is bossy like her Mother. And when I pick up the rest she squeals and tightens up her legs. Oh, what a great game! Then as quickly as this game has started it is over. "You and It are boring now, Dad." She wants down now. Possibly to grab Megans' Iphone or to press all the buttons on the remote control so that all the buttons light up. Sigh...


Coming soon: Reagan Vs. ..........

1 comment: